We got back early Friday morning for a wedding/work we had coming up on Saturday. I woke up Saturday morning not feeling myself; I was pretty wiped out + looking forward to an afternoon nap once I got home. I knew that those naps would soon be a distant love.
It was a pretty hectic day + I finally got back home and crashed just as I was hoping for. I woke up with immense back pain and sweating profusely. I had a fever + couldn't even get out of bed I was in so much pain. I called my sweet husband, who was slaving away on our kitchen project, and he didn't know how to help me. I didn't know what to do, so I called the doctor and explained how I was feeling. She told me it was best to come to the hospital + get checked out. Also, living 2.5 seconds from your business partner is a perk for many reasons; 1. being that she is willing to pick you up + drive you places. In this circumstance she was my ride to the hospital and for that I'm grateful!
Once we arrived to the hospital, I could barely walk. I was taken right back to be checked out. (Side note: through this entire process I've had some of the greatest nurses on the planet. <3) I had fever chills, back pains, and what I thought were braxton hicks. Long story short, I was a mystery to them. They decided to keep me over night to monitor me + the baby and to try and figure out what in the world was going on.
I had every test done known to man, or atleast I felt that way. I am not a huge fan on needles (I mean who is?!) but I had to get over that fairly quickly. Saturday into Sunday it was just several tests with not a whole lot of results, but they did finally "diagnose" me with pneumonia. I had a chest X-ray that seemed as if this were the suspect. I was being pumped full of antibiotics, but still was having reoccurring fevers/chills. The only thing breaking that was Tylenol (and small doses because, well: pregnant). Every time I would get a fever the baby's heart rate would spike too.
Sunday (Mar. 26th) we had some visitors + from the sounds of the doctors, I would be in the hospital for a few days being monitored til whatever I had went away. I was feeling decent, so Adam + I went for a walk. It was that moment that things took a turn. The baby's heart rate began to spike + plummet repeatedly in a small window of time. The doctors became concerned + told us if this continues at the rate it was it could become dangerous for me + baby. The mentioned word of a c-section and we both were in shock.
This wasn't the plan. It was March for crying out loud, not May. Maybe the baby is confused; what in the world is happening. Thoughts began to race our minds as it was something I know I never really thought of. A couple of weeks ago, I said to Adam: I doubt if I will go full term with this baby. I just had a feeling I would go early (but not 6.5 weeks early, that's for sure).
Here we are about 10:00 on Sunday night. The doctor came in and told us he had one more thing to try to get the baby + myself to relax, and it wasn't a success. A c-section was the next step, and it was happening in 20 minutes. (!!!!) You know, if they would've told me in a couple weeks I would be having a c-section, I'd be a nervous wreck. But you know what, I didn't have time to be. I didn't have a chance to process what was about to happen, I just had to face it. Whether I was ready for it or not.