words that are becoming all too familiar in our neck of the woods.
breakfast has become one of my favorite meals to cook.
normally I pack my breakfast & eat with my kids at work...
so these days are rare, especially for mr. mack & me to eat together.
I decided to try this sweet potato hash brown with dippy eggs
I've seen/pinned a few times on pinterest.
I can see this super easy breakfast becoming a family favorite.
[the cast iron skillet made this dish even tastier.]
love being across the table from this guy. <3
it's always a sign of a good day..
as you can see this pup would stay out all day if we'd let him.
snow days are his absolute FAVORITE!
& as per usual he is always covered in white.
with the snowfall means= baking!
Am i right?
Well I'm currently doing the WHOLE30.
Essentially it's a 30 day kick start to better eating & choices
by eating clean & healthy foods.
I'm on day #9,
and today has been tough.
I really want to bake cookies & drink hot cocoa!
But my self control has surprised me! WOO HOO!
So with that being said,
I decided to bake but not for me..for Blue.
He was running low on treats.. so I found a recipe
and luckily, we had all the ingredients here!
(I don't think I could've made it to the store otherwise)
- ⅔ cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 2-½ Tablespoons Vegetable Oil*
- ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ cups Instant Oatmeal
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cups Water*
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, vegetable oil, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add in oatmeal and flour until combined. Using your hands may be required as this does get very sticky.
- Finally add in the 1/2 cup of water.*
- Roll dough to 1/3″ thickness and cut into doggie bone shapes or whatever is easiest for you.
- Place on a greased pan and bake for 30 minutes.* Monitor to make sure they don’t burn. Every oven is different, so they can burn quickly if you’re not looking.
- Brush top of treat with bacon fat.
- Let cool on wire rack and then toss one to your faithful four legged friend
I made a few edits(*) to the recipe:
*used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil
*didn't use the water it called for..the mix was the right consistency
*only baked for 20 minutes
*AND brushed bacon fat on top for some extra flavor
[I found this heart cookie cutter thrifting with A the other day!<3]
All in all--Blue loves them
& that's what matters!
I even let him lick the spoon ;)
What a lucky dog.
Oh & then there is THIS GUY!
He's the best.
It always amazes me all the ways he cares for me..
even if it is shoveling the sidewalks & cleaning off my snowy car
for my early morning drive.
I'M A LUCKY GAL.
[chief frozen beard]
Hope those of you who also had a snow day...
had an excellent one!
for dinner I'm making ribs with roasted veggies! :) YUM!